Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fuel Hike...what I read bout' it and what I think of it...

As usual, I start my daily breakfast with few good blogs reading and I actually found out that, most of my worth-read blogs did mention bout' the fuel hike. Since the yesteryear, we have been experiencing fuel price fluctuation, it's something that all of us hated especially a student like me. Hah, depending on my lil' allowance, the price of fuel is a burden that I've to face. But, seriously how much damage would 5 cent do? Well, it won't do a single dent on my wallet if it's just 5 cent but, if you are buying fuel for i.e motorcycle for RM3, which would have maxed my tank years ago now, it only gives me half the tank. So, in that equation, price hike kills me! Now, I've to spend bout RM6 for a full tank. Then, we go to cars, how much RM10 gives you the last time? Now, it would take RM 15 ( or less... ) to fill in the same volume. What startled me is, why does, us as law-abiding citizen need to pay more for our fuel when our IPPs ( Independent Power Producer ) gain million ringgits of profit? Then, we look at another factor, with the price hike of petrol, the price of other commercial items such as, sugar, food, teh o, kopi o, kam pua and etc, would increase hence, higher cost of living! Now, the poor government servant would receive the same salary for the higher cost of living. I believe, one day if this goes along, there will be bankruptcy everywhere as people will resort to loans to live up with the current life cost. Now, as 'rakyat' we need to fork out more of our money as our government would do everything to suck us dry. Mega-project such as RM5 billion 100-storey Menara Warisan Merdeka is such a waste of money as the billion ringgit would be better to spend on decreasing the current life cost. That's what a man in his 20's think bout' it. Would the Menara help us in decreasing the fuel price? Would the Menara attribute to the development of the country? If those money were meant to spend on Pan-Borneo highway, us Sarawakians and Sabahans would have a nice highway like those in the peninsular. Hey, don't blame me, I'm the one who drive 6 hours for 350km journey to Kuching from Sibu which, would take less if the roads were better, right? Not forgetting, the tax that we have to pay for car! We, Malaysian are paying the most expensive car price in the world now, that would have covered all the subsidies for the fuel right? Nooo....'they' need to put big taxes on cars so that we would buy the crappy 'Potong' which I guess have the highest fuel consumption among the cars in Malaysia and crappy 'Frog-dua' which the chassis would easily been destroyed by even the slightest crash than buying a much-much-much safer and fuel-efficient TOYOTA and HONDA! But hey, who listens to a guy in 20's? Blame me for the ignorance, for the money I waste on beers, the saliva I waste on meaningless chats and the time I spent to write this blog, I know nothing about running a country. It's just an honest opinion, a naive opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment